Kelly Osbourne's style is funky, edgy, and yes - even classy...but always unapologetic.
My favorite is when she rocks the swanky and curve-hugging dresses on the red carpet...but she wouldn't be Kelly Osbourne if she didn't throw in a bit of rock and roll. And lately these accents have been on her nails.
Check out these nails that she rocked during The GRAMMYs. (they've been floating around instagram, pinterest, and tumblr)
I loved them so much that I decided to try out this style for my first Brush With Fame challenge with L.A. Colors.
Here's what I used to achieve a similar look:
1. acrylic tips
2. nail glue
3. nail buffer
4. nail clippers
5. L.A. Colors Deco nail polish in black
6. L.A. Colors Gold glitter nail polish in Glam
7. L.A. Colors Diamond top coat
8. tooth picks (pictured below)
9. nail file
- Using nail clippers, I trimmed the acrylic tips to a smaller size and rounder shape.
- The nail file was essential in achieving a rounder smoother shape since these weren't exactly stiletto nails.
- I fit the nails to my finger tips and glued them onto my clean nails. I added pressure to the nails for a few seconds.
- Once nails appeared to be strong enough, I buffed them out.
- I painted nails black with a couple of coats of the Art Deco polish.
- I added a coat of Diamond top coat.
- I used toothpicks to dip into the gold Glam nail polish to draw my designs.
I must say this challenge...was indeed a challenge. :) But it was fun!..and I'm thinking maybe I will practice this nail art thing from time to time. ;)
Also...here's what I discovered about these nail polishes:
- The glitter is quite glittery and vibrant. You immediately get massive amounts of glitter on your brush...but don't worry, it's not that clumpy and annoying kind...oh, and I found it easy to remove with nailpolish remover.
- The black Art Deco nail polish is vibrant...the brush is thin because it's meant for nail art, so it takes a bit of practice if you are trying to polish an entire nail - but I am happy with it's formula and vibrancy.
- The diamond topcoat is wonderful! I can't believe that it's only a dollar. I highly recommend this.
What else did I learn? Long fingernails take some getting used to! haha!
For super fast drying time...soak your nails in cold water. Trust me, it speeds up the process.
Don't have fancy nail tools for designs? - get creative with tooth picks. I sure did.
Topcoat! - I love topcoats...It does so much more for your nail color. The vibrancy is kicked up a notch or two, plus your nails aren't as prone to chipping.
Thanks for following my latest adventure. I hope you learned something! I think I did too!
oh - and maybe you're wondering? What is this Brush With Fame thing?
Well, I'll tell you. I entered a contest with L.A. Colors and am one of five finalists competing to win a trip to NYC! (I want to go to there!) My fellow blogger finalists and I are doing a series of five beauty challenges. Wish me luck!
Thanks L.A. Colors, Life & Style, and In Touch Weekly for selecting me as a finalist in the Brush With Fame challenge. I am enjoying the products that were sent to me for this contest!